Monday, May 24, 2010

What gauge string for my guitar will work with standard tuning, drop d tuning, and drop c (c g c f a d)?

For serious drop tunings the heavier the better. The heavy gauge of the strings makes them less floppy due to the smaller amount of tension needed to bring them up, or down, to the desired pitch. I have a custom built Les Paul-copy strung with GHS Zakk Wylde Signature strings. They run from 10-60. I had to have my tuning peg and nut drilled and slotted. The only problem you may run into is a "muddy" sound from not having your guitar set-up properly. If you're capable, more power... send me some tips. Otherwise, take it to a shop and have it adjusted.

What gauge string for my guitar will work with standard tuning, drop d tuning, and drop c (c g c f a d)?
Any gauge will work with any tuning. It's all a matter of personal preference. I prefer to use .011's for their tonal qualities: much fuller and less tinny than lighter gauge strings although you have to work a little harder when bending, etc.

bridal flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment